Daimler Trucks is somehow coming out to be established with the global organization for electric mobility called the E-Mobility Group. The company has come up with the announcement in the division in the United States, as well as Freightliner. They will be hence adding two new electric commercial trucks to its offerings that are namely known as the Freightliner Cascadia and also the eM2 106.
Daimler Unveils Heavy Duty eCascadia And Medium Duty eM2 Electric Trucks
The Freightliner electric trucks will be bringing on with the addition of the production Mercedes-Benz Actros and the FUSO enter trucks. This would also be adding the name of the Mercedes-Benz Citaro city bus, and Thomas Built Saf-T Liner C2 Jouley school bus. All of these will now merely be falling into the category of the newly-formed E-Mobility Group. Daimler has stated that in the year 2018, the company has been handling over with the innovation fleet of 30 units of the two new Freightliner electric trucks. This has been all in support of the first customers in the US for fleet and operations testing. The two new vehicles have been all the more slated for the North American region and are based on already-established amazing models.
Information About The Freightliner Cascadia:
- It is based on the Cascadia class 8 truck. It hence offers 730 horsepower (544 kW) all the way through its motors.
- They have been best powered by 550 kWh of batteries that have been giving away the truck a fully-loaded range of up to 250 miles (400 km).
- Hence by charging to 80 per cent,, it can achieve just as within 90 minutes. This would be all resulting in an additional 200 miles (320 km) of range.
Details On The Freightliner eM2 106:
- It is all known out to be the local distribution truck and last-mile delivery service vehicle.
- Its power output is almost 480 horsepower (358 kW).
- It does comprise the setting of the battery size that is 325 kWh for a total of 230 miles (370 km) right into the expected range.
- It does have the recharge time to 80 per cent that is around 60 minutes. This would be adding 184 miles (300 km).
- Hence the success for the side of larger class 8 trucks would hinge on top of lowering battery costs. The sale of the electric vehicle will be much significant in the coming few years. The company will be using the batteries straight away from German firm Akasol. There is no such kind of the final sourcing decisions that are to be made on the cells.
- The heavy-duty Freightliner Cascadia has been all installed with the c550 kWh battery pack with a range of 250 miles. It can produce 730 horsepower.
- The vehicle will be able to bring about the receiving of 200 miles of range from a 90-minute charge. Tesla’s Semi will have the setting of double the scope of the Cascadia that is around 500 miles.
- It would be able to receive up to 400 miles of range from a 30-minute charge. It can often take into account as to accelerate from 0-60 mph in five seconds without any cargo.