Suzuki has determined that the old Baleno needs an heir and so they chose to name the Suzuki Baleno XT and GT (two variants). It doesn’t seem to be anything like its predecessor. This is a good thing infact but it does appear extremely beautiful and will be among the hot hatches presently on the roads of Pakistan. You heard that right. It’s a hatchback but don’t be fooled. It is fairly spacious.
The Baleno doesn’t appear to be Suzuki-ish as we are not much accustomed to expecting the company to make hot looking cars.The mid-size hatchback is quite decent looking. There is a trendy trim stretching from the front to the rear fender. The design is flowing and elegant styling .Interior is Roomy and luggage space in a compact B-segment body. High driving performance and excellent fuel efficiency with all thanks to the newly-developed engine and platform.
The BALENO offers two variants: 1.0 BOOSTERJET direct-injection turbo engine (XT) and 1.2 DUALJET naturally-aspirated engine (XG).Suzuki Baleno XT is powered by a 1000 cc BOOSTERJET direct injection turbocharged petrol engine which is fuel efficient and the other XG variant has naturally aspirated 1200 cc engine.
It’s not a sports car so what about the Boosterjet engine? The new 1.0 BOOSTERJET direct-injection turbo engine.
- 0L direct-injection turbo engine that amalgamates fuel efficiency and power, is newly developed. With the direct injection and turbo charger. It releases high output and torque similar to 1.6L
- Naturally-aspirated engine even with its small displacement of just 1.0L.
- It boasts excellent performance that’s easy to drive in an extensive variety of scenes from city ride to highway.
- 6AT is adopted that features direct shift response feel, and comes with six-speed paddle shift.
There’s still a good performance on top of that magic threshold, with peak power reaching at 5500rpm. You’ll only require to drop a component for the most desperate of overtakes, even with the five-speed manual ’box doing its finest to aggravate with a longer-than-necessary throw and cheap shift knob. The five-speed auto is mostly preffered at that points.
It has advanced safety technologies and functions that support long cruising.The car has Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs), projector headlamps, floating roofline and rear LED taillamp cluster.It comes with a millimetre-wave radar sort of collision-mitigating system known as the Radar Brake Support (RBS) as standard.
The subsequent functions of the RBS enhance the BALENO’s safety performance:
- Alerts the driver with a warning when there is likelihood of a collision.
- Alerts the driver by applying an automatic light brake.
- Supports the driver’s braking by increasing braking force.
- Automatically applies the brake.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system comes as standard which measures the distance to the vehicle in front and automatically accelerates or decelerates to maintain a pre-set following distance (can be set from approximately 40km/h to 100km/h).
- Total Effective Control Technology (TECT), a body that efficiently absorbs and disperses collision impact, is adopted.
- The new-generation platform contributes to further impact absorption.
- Equipped with Electronic Stability Program (ESP®) that suppresses slips and side slides. *ESP is a registered trademark of Daimler AG.
- Equipped with Hill Hold Control that prevents the vehicle from rolling backward on slopes.
It’s the compact Suzuki for grown-ups. There’s a lot of promise here, particularly from the wonderful engine, and rationally the space and kit look as good on paper as the running costs. Suzuki Baleno XL forms a good competition against Toyota Vitz, the upcoming Kia Rio, Kia Picanto and Honda Brio as IMC is planning to launch it here in Pakistan.