Formerly it was reported to our readers on the entire Takata Airbag tragedy that has affected millions of vehicles globally. If you are not aware of the situation then let us tell you that ; Takata uses the chemical ammonium nitrate to generate a small explosion and fills airbags rapidly in a crash. On the other hand, the chemical can deteriorate as exposed to high humidity and temperatures becomes the reason of it to burn too fast.
This afterward blows apart a metal container and firing potential shrapnels into the occupants. Consequently, 20 people have been killed and over 180 injured owing to the Takata airbags.This is totally not how an airbag should work.
And now for once again, both Toyota and Honda are recalling around one million Takata equipped vehicles. Toyota is recalling over 600,000 vehicles, whereas Honda is recalling 465,000 vehicles in addition to 960 Gold Wing motorcycles in the US.
In Pakistan, Honda Atlas has by now recalled affected vehicles multiple times.
The list of recalled cars comprise both Toyota and Honda.
- Scion xB (2009, 2010 and 2013 model years)
- Toyota Corolla (2009, 2010 and 2013)
- Toyota Corolla Matrix (2009, 2010 and 2013)
- Toyota Yaris (2009 and 2010)
- Toyota 4Runner (2010 and 2013)
- Toyota Sienna (2013)
- Lexus IS250/350 (2009, 2010 and 2013)
- Lexus IS250C/350C (2010 and 2013)
- Lexus IS-F (2009, 2010 and 2013)
- Lexus ES350 (2009 and 2010)
- Lexus GX460 (2010 and 2013)
- Acura RL (2009-2012 model years)
- Acura TSX (2009-2013)
- Acura TSX Wagon (2011-2013)
- Acura ZDX (2010-2013)
- Honda Accord (2009-2012)
- Honda Crosstour (2010-2013)
- Honda Civic (2009-2011)
- Honda CR-V (2009-2011)
- Honda Element (2009-2011)
- Honda FCX Clarity (2013)
- Honda Fit (2009-2013)
- Honda Fit EV (2013)
- Honda Insight (2010-2013)
- Honda Pilot (2009-2013)
- Honda Ridgeline (2009-2013)
The new recalls come after Takata exposed that an additional 3.3 million inflators are faulty. Both Toyota and Honda will inform their affected customers by mail before March 2018. The owners will then get a free replacement of the airbag assembly.