Toyota has declared that the C-HR has turn out to be the best selling crossover SUV in Japan. As per to the figures from Japanese Automotive Manufacturers Association (JAMA), the auto maker has sold round about 117,299 units of C-HR last year, thus making it the country’s best selling vehicle in its segment.
The Japan Automobile Dealers Association and the Japan Light Motor Vehicle and Motorcycle Association uttered that the model first came out in December, is the first SUV to turn out to be the best-selling model as they began gathering up data in 1968 and 2007 correspondingly.
Unveiled at the end of 2016, the C-HR comes equipped with two optione and that is :
- Either a 1.2 literturbo charged unit that is mated to a CVT gearbox,
- Or a hybrid powertain that amalgamatesa 1.8 liter unit to an electric motor and is able to run 30.2 kilometers per liter on Japanese JC08 cycle.
All the Toyota CH-R variants in Japan comes equipped with Toyota Safety Sense P suite as standard, including :
- Pre-collisionSafety, Active Cruise Control, Lane Departure
- Alert, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Warning and Automatic High Beams.
- Toyota has also brought in dual-tone exterior color schemes in August, plus special edition model with LED headlights and taillights and sequential LED indicators in November.